OT: LCD vs. CRT

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Fri Feb 7 16:45:19 PST 2003

> From: Rick Banuelos <teasethedog at mac.com>
> The one thing that I was following that dropped off the radar screen
> was Palladium. Is this not looking *cough* profitable *cough* to
> Microsoft anymore?

It's still going full steam ahead. It too MS a while to figure out that
talking about how they were going to curtail the rights of their
customers in order to make MS's life easier wasn't sitting too well out
in the real world.

Rather like Michael Jackson being surprised and disappointed that a
documentary about him would show him to be "kind of weird." :)

Anyway, it's when Microsoft STOPS talking that you should be worried. :)

The Register (www.register.co.uk) seems to be covering the matter as
best they can.

_Chas_

Lee Gomes of the Wall Street Journal, 24-Jan-03 , commenting on Apple's
growing arsenal of hardware, OS and software that is clearly superior
to anything in the Windows world: "It's like someone forgot to send
them the Resistance is Futile memo."