[P1] New Jag & Printer driver

Ally Maddox almenter at madisontelco.com
Sat Feb 15 22:44:58 PST 2003

Hi bdesigns, Thank you for your answer.

lbdesigns at earthlink.net wrote:

> Yes, they did; that is not new in Jaguar at all. That happened in Mac OS
> 9 -- and before.

The last mac I had was an LCIII. Then I made the mistake of buying a PC.
So it was a lot of years between my first mac and this one.

>  BTW, the
>> install was supposed to be for 10.2.4. That was probably the screw up.
>> I downloaded 10.2.3 and it thought I had downloaded 10.2.4.
>

> I'm confused. How could it think that you downloaded 10.2.4 if you
> downloaded 10.2.3? How did you download it -- using Software Update, or
> a browser?

I think I downloaded it from http://docs.info.apple.com. Yes, it said
10.2.4, but I never did find a place to download 10.2.3. Then I went to
software update to install. Right? So that was my problem, right? I went
too far and installed the wrong version.

>> I'm going bald waiting for some release from the frustration. And none
>> of these downloads or installs EVER tell you beforehand, how long you
>> can expect them to take.
>

> It is a bummer when bad things happen, but you shouldn't let yourself
> get so upset ...

If you knew what I've been through with this machine (and my stupidity)
you'd know why I'm so upset. Please don't judge me harshly. I really am
fed up with this.
thanks, Ally