[P1] New Jag & Printer driver

lbdesigns at earthlink.net lbdesigns at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 15 22:54:13 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 15, 2003, at 10:44  PM, Ally Maddox wrote:

> The last mac I had was an LCIII. Then I made the mistake of buying a
> PC. So it was a lot of years between my first mac and this one.

Ah! Well, that is awhile. :o)

> I think I downloaded it from http://docs.info.apple.com. Yes, it said
> 10.2.4, but I never did find a place to download 10.2.3.

If you downloaded the standalone installer, and it's the Combo updater,
it should update the system.

> Then I went to software update to install. Right? So that was my
> problem, right? I went too far and installed the wrong version.

That could have been the problem -- but if you didn't install it after
downloading it initially, it wouldn't have been installed -- and
Software Update wouldn't have shown you 10.2.4.

>>> I'm going bald waiting for some release from the frustration. And
>>> none of these downloads or installs EVER tell you beforehand, how
>>> long you can expect them to take.
>> It is a bummer when bad things happen, but you shouldn't let yourself
>> get so upset ...
>
> If you knew what I've been through with this machine (and my
> stupidity) you'd know why I'm so upset. Please don't judge me harshly.
> I really am fed up with this.

I'm not judging you; I'm merely concerned ... getting upset rarely does
any good to one's health.

Take a few deep breaths. :o)

What version of the OS are you running right now? Check About this Mac.