[P1] OS X scanners

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 22 18:59:55 PST 2003

On 2/22/03 7:43 PM, "Murray E. Milligan" <railfan at escape.ca> wrote (edited
for length):

> Now that Agfa is no longer supporting their Snapscan line of scanners, I'm
> on the lookout for an OS X flatbed scanner. I am using Photoshop Elements 2
> and Readiris 7.6 for OS X and the scanner must be able to work with and
> recognize this software.

The Canon LiDe 30 works very well with Photoshop Elements. The newest
version of the software operates as a plug-in. It may not be enough for
everyone but I've been very happy. The third party software, VueScan, also
supports it. I don't know if or how it works with Readiris (I don't even
know what Readiris is).

Meg