Flat bed scanners and clamshell iBook

KathyMac! Mac4Music at MusiCareOnline.org
Sat Feb 22 19:59:20 PST 2003

iBook List2/22/03 7:02 PMibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com

> I'm
> on the lookout for an OS X flatbed scanner.

I use a Canon flatbed - the N67OU which came out last year and at the time
only supported OSX in Classic mode (which I didn't care because I was OSX
resistant at the time and lived in 9). Just 2 weeks ago, I  bought a new G4
Tower and haven't booted out of X yet! Really enjoying it and especially
planned on utilizing it for iPhoto collections. Which brings me to the
hundreds of pictures I will need to scan and catalog....

The good news was that the Canon flatbed had upgraded their support for
native OSX and the new drivers for Jaguar were on their website. I love this
scanner and am very pleased with how it works. One touch buttons on the
front make copying, mailing, and saving to disc a breeze for quick scans.
For high quality scans, the settings you need are customizable.

I do believe this model has been discontinued in favor of a new one but they
look the same and can only be just as good or better! It's about a $99
model. Better yet, you may be able to find THIS model on eBay and save
money.

By the way, I'm new to this list today. I belong to several other of the Mac
lists (G4, OSX, Digital Video, Pro Audio). I joined this one because of my
special baby - Kiwi.

Kiwi is my 466 SE clamshell - you guessed it - Key lime!
Most of the people I have seen with this edition clamshell have the Graphite
- seems so rare to find the Lime. Anyone else have one?

I certainly love my little Kiwi. He has a special carrying case  - a lime
colored clamshell shaped bag.

Kiwi and I look forward to participating on the list!

Kathy