Airport Card Recognizer

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 23 21:11:46 PST 2003

Since there are several applications that locate wifi base stations,
are there any available that locate wifi cards that are turned on and
any application that will notify the owner if someone tries to access
their base station?

As a side note, I was listening to a soldier describe the future
soldiers electronic gear (estimated at $30,000) and how he/she will be
connected to a lan, be able to send and receive email, etc and many of
the other features we enjoy, but not under fire. This set me to
thinking about how that soldier might light up on some enemies laptop
which would be able to locate every soldier through triangulation
(maybe the designers didn't see those old war movies of the german's
searching for the clandestine radio units). I wanted to call in and ask
that question but I was doing 80 in a 65 zone and thought a phone call
might be unsafe.

Hmm, I'm coming up with some interesting ideas for a novel...

---

What Is It?  <http://www.jackrodgers.com/whatisit/>

jackrodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.jackrodgers.com