Airport Set up Question

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Sun Feb 23 21:34:22 PST 2003

> From: Thomas D. Kearns <thomas.d.kearns at verizon.net>
> My set up:  Verizon DSL Modem to Hub to Airport (iMac also hooked to
> Hub).
> My iBook (OS 9.0.4) sees the Airport but I can't get the internet.

The Airport is itself a router. The problem is your hub (which is NOT a
router).

Connect the DSL modem directly to the Airport. Output of the Airport
base station should go to the hub, I think.

> I can't get either the Internet or Airport Assistance to work.

If you're in OS X, do any of your other help files work correctly? If
not, then delete the com.apple.help.plist file and see if that doesn't
clear it right up.

_Chas_

New at http://filmmoi.blogspot.com - reviews of "The Royal Tenenbaums"
and "My Voyage to Italy." Check it out!