[P1] Huge speakers for little iBook?

Norman Milsner nmilsner at goldrush.com
Mon Feb 24 12:06:31 PST 2003

>On 24/2/03 4:59 pm, "Norman Milsner" <nmilsner at goldrush.com> wrote:
>
>>  The iMic has speaker output (stereo).  But, you may need a pre-amp
>>  because the audio output of the laptops is limited (ie you won't get
>>  much volume).
>
>Ah, so does a Preamp cost a lot of money? I take it you first plug the
>preamp into the iBook, then connect the iMic to the preamp, and the speakers
>to the iMic, correct?
>
>Once that's all done, it's probably not far off the cost of a set of Harmon
>Kardon Soundsticks, or Monsoon Flatpanels eh?

Amps start at about $59.00 at Radio Shack,  the amp would go AFTER
the iMic because you need to connect the iMic to the USB port,  You
would also probably get the adapter from the iMic to RCA plugs.  I
purchased an inexpensive set of speakers from Radio Shack that had
the correct plug to go into the iMic. This gives me just OK sound,
but a lot better that the small speaker that is on the iBook.  The
speakers are powered by internal batteries.

Norm_M