[P1] Clamshell colors

andy van der raadt letterspackages at telus.net
Mon Feb 24 13:12:00 PST 2003

> > Maybe you have seen the
> > iBook that someone scraped off all the white paint off from under the
> > plastic? Then you can recolor it anything you like.
>
>No, I haven't seen that. Where can you find it?
>
>Kathy

   basically, they take the ibook apart and soak it in methyl alcohol
overnight,
it softens the white paint up. it should wipe right off, at that point, leaving
a crystal clear shell. paint as desired, or leave it alone.

   digging through my links, i found these:

   http://homepage.mac.com/mpaulton/ibookmodinstructions.html
   (with photos: http://homepage.mac.com/mpaulton/PhotoAlbum15.html )
   and from japan http://www.kodawarisan.com/ug/iBook/clear/clear1.html
   last one: http://www.jrhillandcompany.com/miniti/

   it most definitely voids your warranty.

   personally, as far as the coloured/ice debate goes, i'm totally in it
for the
white ibook. additionally, i'm saving for the 800/12" combo, because the
700's all-white plastic looks so bad, compared to the back-painted clear/white
of the 800. it's a thing of beauty. the white case fits my aesthetic perfectly.

   (i'm an interior design student inspired by the work of john pawson,
tadao ando, and phillipe madec. it all makes sense, if you know these people.)

     andy van der raadt

        letterspackages at telus.net
        calgary, ab