[P1] Clamshells, icebooks, etc...

Donald Keenan dkeenan2 at nycap.rr.com
Mon Feb 24 16:21:14 PST 2003

On Monday, February 24, 2003, at 12:21 PM, KathyMac! wrote:

> iBook List2/23/03 10:12 PMibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com
>
>> I nearly creied when I lost an auction like yours on ebay for a Key
>> Lime
>> iBook. It also had a complete airport system and iSub set up! I was
>> HEARTBROKEN for the first time over an auction. I know that this is a
>> little pathological :)
>> The worst part...it had a custom 30GB HD!!!!
>> I don't want this flashback :(
>
> Wow, do you remember how much it was going for? I haven't looked for the
> lime iBook on ebay in a while. I should...I'm curious as to what is out
> there. I know there aren't many listed. The problem is, I'd end up
> bidding
> on one again if I saw something like the one you're talking about! Talk
> about pathological...but I would sell my current one of course.

I'm still sick over losing it. A really nice woman was selling it but
she had a very obscure, understated
auction title that didn't mention the hard drive or even the color.
There were only about 7 of us bidders.
This went for about $1200. At the time, I was unaware that this was a
steal. It also had some warranty left on it.
If I ever win the lottery, I'll try to bribe my way into a Key Lime
iBook from Apple's warranty vaults.
I need to focus on getting a newer model G4 or  and cool it on my
"retro" mac fetish.
  I want a 500 mhz Cube and a 500 mhz Ruby iMac :)
Donald