[P1] Airport Set up Question

Meg St. Clair megsaint at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 24 21:34:57 PST 2003

Sorry if this is a day late and a dollar short. I've lost track a bit of
what the original set up was and this has probably all been said but it
seemed like maybe it hadn't.

I used to have my DSL modem plugged into a router, which then went to a hub.
I had my snow Airport base station plugged into the hub. Also plugged into
the hub were one other computer and an uplink to another hub with a couple
of other computers plugged into that. Every thing worked fine (not Verizon,
not Static). You have to set the base station to act as a bridge and not
have it attempt to distribute IP addresses.

Now, I have my DSL modem going into the base station and then base station
to hub (it uses one less outlet and is easier to configure than the NetGear
router). Now, the base station is set to distribute the IP addresses.

Meg

And why does all the network gear come with some of the worst instructions?
Even the Airport.