[P1] Ibook hd question

CWiegardt at aol.com CWiegardt at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 09:44:15 PST 2003

In a message dated 2/25/03 12:01:56 AM, ibook at lists.themacintoshguy.com
writes:

<<

> Problem:  Blueberry ibook---only has a 3 gig hard drive.

> OK, sorry if this is a dumb question, but:

> 1.  What hard drive do I need to upgrade from my 3 gig.  Are there

> "standard" drives out there?

> 2.  Can somebody give me direction on removing the one installed and

> installing a new one.

> (I'm pretty good with tearing the thing apart.  I already installed

> (all by my lil ol self) the LCD backlite bulb.  I'd think a hard drive

> would be worlds easier.)

You would think so, but you would be wrong. I can't remember the sites

right now but there are a couple of tutorials on the internet for doing

just that and it is a real bear. Taking the screen off is like only the

third step and then it gets harder from there. If you must ( and I

understand 3gigs ain't much ) get yourself a big table plenty of time

and NO distractions. And try to find those tutorials.

> Thanks

> Joel >>

I remember reading sometime back the suggestion to take digital or polaroid
photos as you go along so you can retrace your steps.