[P1] Suggestions for light duty scanner? [corrected subject line]

Harry D. Corsover harry at corsazzi.com
Fri Jan 3 12:07:56 PST 2003

----- On 1/3/03 12:48 PM MDT (-0600), Brett Forrester
<bforrester at macconnect.com> wrote, in part:

>Please share your recommendations (or adventures) for a light duty,
>general purpose flatbed scanner that one can use with an iBook. I'm
>interested in finally getting one to accompany my 500 MHz iceBook to
>scan occasional photos and documents for image manipulation, OCR
>maybe, and faxing document images. I have seen some of the super thin
>CanoScan models in a nearby Apple Store, and they seem like likely
>choices, but I wondered if I should try to locate a FireWire scanner
>instead of a USB-connected type. What experiences have you had?
>Warning stories? Reliable exposures?
>
>Curiously blessed by a nearby Apple Store,

I have an iMac 350 (pre FireWire) that I use one of those thin Canon
Scanners with (FB63U). It's fine for what I do (mostly text pages,
letters, and occasional magazine pages or photos) but is _very_ slow.
We're talking about if someone wants a quick copy of something, it's
faster to go around the corner and make a copy at the copy shop. I have
nothing to compare it with other than an older SCSI scanner (which was
very fast by comparison, but wouldn't work reliably with my USB-to-SCSI
adaptor.

Best Regards,

Harry Corsover

    Harry Corsover, Independent Business Owner
Amazing Travel * Health * Legal & Tax Benefits
    Get & Send Email by Voice! * Much More!
          <http://www.hc.cyberwize.com>
      <harry at corsazzi.com> * 877-507-9562