Suggestions for light duty scanner? [corrected subject line]

Brett Forrester bforrester at macconnect.com
Fri Jan 3 11:48:22 PST 2003

[I hit send on my earlier message without correcting the subject
line. Oops, sorry.]

Please share your recommendations (or adventures) for a light duty,
general purpose flatbed scanner that one can use with an iBook. I'm
interested in finally getting one to accompany my 500 MHz iceBook to
scan occasional photos and documents for image manipulation, OCR
maybe, and faxing document images. I have seen some of the super thin
CanoScan models in a nearby Apple Store, and they seem like likely
choices, but I wondered if I should try to locate a FireWire scanner
instead of a USB-connected type. What experiences have you had?
Warning stories? Reliable exposures?

Curiously blessed by a nearby Apple Store,
Brett

bforrester at macconnect.com