[P1] Apple to charge for i-Apps

Donald Keenan dkeenan2 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jan 4 11:01:59 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 01:18 PM, Peter Nacken wrote:

> According to this recent c-net article .. Apple is to charge 50$ for the
> next bundle of updates for iMovie, iPhoto and iDVD ..
>
> And it royaly pisses me off (excuse my french ) ..

It's an unfortunate sign of the times, as the article at Cnet/News.com
pointed out. It also mentions the possible backlash a la Jaguar.
I understand where you're coming from, but you will no doubt be duly
reminded that Apple has a bottom line, nothing's for "free" anymore
(Although it never really was ; the cost was built in. Sorta like 0%
financing on cars?)
I'm just hoping that an inducement to get folks to keep or join .Mac
will be updates included with membership. That would be smart.
Donald