Apple to charge for i-Apps

Albert L. Lilly III alilly at scican.net
Sat Jan 4 19:23:20 PST 2003

If Apple charges for the apps, they'll just be killing more and more
of that loyal user base they seem to think will stick with them
forever.  Apple has been doing this since 7.5, and the more we go
along, the more they are to the point where I look at their tactics
like those of MS.

I have not used the i-Apps enough to make them worth the price of
upgrade.  I also find that if I were to pay for them, I would expect
a lot more than I am currently seeing, which are glorified shareware
programs.  I'd prefer to support the third party applications that
carried all of the features that I need.

If this is Apple's plan for making money, I'd prefer they work at
getting a good, fully functioning version of OS X before they screw
around with the add-ons.

AL
Albert L. Lilly III - mailto:alilly at scican.net
Trumpeter, Brass Clinician, Arranger and Composer
Calendar Editor, International Trumpet Guild  http://www.trumpetguild.org
Centennial Brass home page - http://www.scican.net/~alilly/centbrs.html
Lilly Music Services -  http://www.scican.net/~alilly/engr.html
Personal home page - http://www.scican.net/~alilly/alilly.html