[P1] self-quotes

John Paul Moore JohnPaulMoore at austin.rr.com
Sat Jan 4 20:07:13 PST 2003

At 9:31 PM -0600 1/4/03, Eric B. Richardson wrote:

(deletia)

> Your real bias
>was evident when you decided to post the utterly ignorant crap about
>Clinton being the most effective president, not just more than Bush,
>but more than any president in American history. What a load. You act
>like a teenager with a crush.

What I said was he was the most effective president in our lifetime and I
stand by it. Peace in the world, prosperity at home, fiscal solvency and
the longest expansion of the American economy in history, that is the
Clinton record. Would that Bush could get any of this right. Regime change,
like charity, begins at home.

(more deletia)

>Including the option to bow down and kiss the Iraqi trained and
>funded terrorists' jackboots?

You will find that the terrorists are trained and financed more by Saudis
than the Iraquis. Until recently we were the ones training and equipping
them. And are you aware of the links between the Carlyle Group, the
administration and the Saudi royal family?

(still more irrelevant deletia)

>Somewhere I misplaced the place where you said that Bush was
>unelected. He was clearly elected by the only vote that counts the
>electoral college.

This is where I will make my final point and have no more to say on this
topic on this list. I was about to suggest we take this argument off list
until I came to this point and realized there is no sense arguing with some
one so little constrained by actual fact. Gore won the popular vote and the
only vote GeoW won was from 5 members of the Supreme Court, in a decision
so reaking of pure political opportunism that the other four Justices took
extraordinary steps to distance themselves from it. You may or may not
recall, but that decision stopped the valid recount of ballots in Florida.
Between the votes cast for Gore and Nader, the American people actually
voted a strong repudiation of the unmandated coup de etat government now in
power. Anyone who can count can verify this for themself.  I am now ready
to go back to the true purpose of this list, but do not for a moment think
that my future silence is anything like assent for the ill-informed
arguments you presented.

I suggest you take your arguments to some forum of informed political
observers and watch them get shredded. Or you can just stick with Rush and
the other dittoes.