[P1] self-quotes

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 5 08:57:26 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 10:31  PM, Eric B. Richardson wrote:

> Somewhere I misplaced the place where you said that Bush was
> unelected. He was clearly elected by the only vote that counts the
> electoral college. Or don't you just care about the constitution and
> the rules? No, I didn't think that you did.

Oops. He was elected by one vote on the Supreme Court who ignored the
Constitutional provisions for just the sort of problem encountered in a
problematic vote. There was no need to bypass the Constitution when it
provided a clear method of handling a disputed election. Why where
these Republican Judges so interested in rushing the election process
and upholding a tainted vote count?

Please note that our country is so magnificent that it can survive
these tainted votes and a rush to judgment by the Supreme Court. And Al
Gore has proven himself a worth American by constantly referring to
George Bush as the elected President. In other countries an individual
in a similar position might lead a coup.

Granted that the final outcome might have been the same had the
recounts been allowed and the Supreme Court acknowledge that the
Constitution was prepared to deal with a disputed election. But
wouldn't that have been a better outcome than the present one where
Republicans deliberately used political force to create the outcome?

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com