[P1] self-quotes

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 5 09:07:30 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 4, 2003, at 11:07  PM, John Paul Moore wrote:

> What I said was he was the most effective president in our lifetime
> and I
> stand by it. Peace in the world, prosperity at home, fiscal solvency
> and
> the longest expansion of the American economy in history, that is the
> Clinton record.

I used the numbers present in government documents to create a chart of
the US debt from World War II until the middle of the Clinton Era. The
numbers spiked during the Reagan Years and the debt was definitely
being lowered and approaching zero during the Clinton years. Remember,
the balanced budged and zero deficit?

A prosperous nation is not taxing its people and spending 30 percent of
that money to pay off foreign debt.  If the debt is zero, then taxes
can be reduced accordingly. We cannot forever try to finance the world
and retain our way of life. We also have to deal with the CEOs among us
who are corrupt and leading us into bankruptcy.

During the present Bush Administration, and it is not entirely his
fault due to the attack on our country, the deficit will reach
astronomical heights, the largest in our history and the debt will
climb to the highest ever. Our great-great-grandchildren will be taxed
to pay these debts just as we were and are still taxed to pay the bills
from generations past.

Social Security has become a dead issue but behind all of the fog
presented in the last decade, the problem exists that SS has no money
and that there may not be enough of our grand children working to
support with their taxes the money we expect to be spent on us by
Social Security.

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com