[P1] Mac.com

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 7 05:20:54 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 04:45  AM, Charles Martin wrote:

> IF they do that (roll iApp upgrades into the cost of .Mac) that would
> be a BRILLIANT move and would surely send thousands of people
> scurrying back to sign up. It would be WELL worth the $99 bucks at
> that point for many.

What iApps have an upgrade cost? There is a rumor that Apple will
charge $50 for the upgrades for iPhoto, et al but that is just a rumor,
at least for a few more hours. Do you know something that hasn't been
announced?

> I also got a "free" copy of Virex, which I consider practically
> useless as there ARE no known viruses for Mac OS X -- but hey that
> could change I suppose.

There are viruses for Unix. There are also viruses using various
flavors of Java. There are also viruses attached to email that may
affect other computer users. Virex caught one on my X-system. It is
rather embarrassing for an email to appear on a list with an attached
virus.

Here's a url for more info:
<http://a64.g.akamai.net/7/64/2015/2002-12-24-11-41-01-300/
download.nai.com/products/datfiles/mac/virex7/readme.txt>

There is one new listed for Unix at
<ftp://ftp.nai.com/virusdefs/mac/virex7/virlist.txt>

LINUX/UNIX FILE-INFECTING VIRUSES (1)
-------------------------------------
EXPLOIT-ROOTBUG

---
I propose that all elections for public office be advanced two years so
that anyone elected to office can serve a two year jail term for the
crimes they are about to commit and that we will probably find hard to
prove.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com