[P1] Safari Web Browser

Bill Lockhart blockhart1 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 7 18:42:03 PST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 09:28  PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> Apple's new Safari web browser is still beta but it kicks MS IE butte
> on 10.2.3.
>
> I compared it with Macintouch.com and the text displays almost
> instantly with the ad banners taking a  bit to show up. In IE it takes
> a long time for the banners to show up and then the text appears. This
> is on a dial up line.

I agree!
While I haven't done any actual comparisons, it just feels faster.
whereas IE would first t show the page and then load up text and
graphics gradually,
Safari kind of hesitates for a second and then everything just pops up.

this is on my brand new (as of 60 minutes after the keynote speech)
iBook 800 w/combo drive!
yes!

Bill