OS X + X11

Romain Kang romain at kzsu.stanford.edu
Wed Jan 8 11:07:39 PST 2003

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 01:56:43PM -0500, Charles Martin wrote:
> OTOH, bringing over their own version of X11 -- now *that's* huge!!

Slight typo.  I found the page under
	http://www.apple.com/macosx/x11/

> The OpenOffice final beta is just up today, and that's just the
> beginning. Average (aka "normal") users of Mac OS X probably shouldn't
> bother with X11 at all, but for those of a geeky bent ... woo hoo!

Woo hoo, indeed.  If they really deliver, I might give up multibooting
OS X and PPC Linux, and go OS X full time.  I was using mostly Linux
because Sawfish multiple workspaces + xterm under X11 is much more
powerful for the kind of stuff I do.

I'll have to see how this works when I get my "new" 700 MHz iBook.
I specifically got an old model because the Radeon Mobility 7500
doesn't sleep properly under Linux, and a laptop that can't sleep
is pretty lame...

Romain Kang                             Disclaimer: I speak for myself alone,
romain at kzsu.stanford.edu                except when indicated otherwise.