? about Backup

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Wed Jan 8 12:39:19 PST 2003

> From: Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net>
>
> On 1/8/03 3:52 AM, "Charles Martin" <chasm at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> As I said, it's no Retrospect Express. But a Backup is better than NO
>> backup, as I'm sure you'll agree.
>
> I tried Backup, but since I have too much for 100 MB of space on the
> iDisk,
> I'm still just burning backup CD's. And I can't see what advantage
> Backup
> offers for this as opposed to the old way of just inserting a blank CD,
> dragging the desired files to it, and hitting Burn.
>
> Am I missing something useful?

Yes. Backup is superb at gathering files from disparate locations on
your disk (like, say, all "Word" documents) and backing them up in one
go. I have Word files all over the place on my drive, filed by
different criteria. Backup lets me get all of them in one go and on one
CD so that I know EXACTLY where my backup of them is at all times.

For me, that's MASSIVELY useful.

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com

**Go see BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE. It may change your life.**