[P1] airport extreme

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Jan 8 17:16:14 PST 2003

> So... does anyone know when the rest of the world is going to move
> towards
> 802.11g ?  Airport Extreme is great, but it will be even better when
> it is
> more widely adopted.  Just a thought.

Remember how long it took for other companies to bring out consumer
WiFi products after AirPort was introduced (with the original iBook)?
It probably won't take *that* long this time; but I suspect 802.11g is
more suited for serious networking (say, to connect a number of
workstations) than the average home user (with one computer connecting,
say, to a broadband connection), who probably wouldn't notice the
difference.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net