removing menu items

Brian Fish b.fish at durandac.org
Mon Jan 13 09:24:23 PST 2003

hello all,
 Can anyone tell me how to remove menu items that load in the upper right
hand corner by the clock?  I'm running 10.2.3 and have a lot of stuff up
there.  For instance, there's an iChat icon that is always up there (even if
I don't have iChat running, it's greyed out).  At some point, I added an
Applescript icon.  I rarely (if ever)use Applescripts, so this is just
wasting space.  I also downloaded a CPU monitor called CeePeeYou that shows
a fluctuating percentage.  Nice at times when you need it, but not something
I want running all the time.  Is there an easy way to modify what is shown
there?  Thanks.

Brian Fish