[P1] iBook & travel

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 15 04:35:53 PST 2003

On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 05:18  AM, Joan Keenan wrote:

> Just curious as to whether sleep counts as not using your computer on
> an airplane. It seems that everytime I travel at least one check point
> decides that I must start up the computer to check it. Of course with
> OSX this takes about 2 minutes so I am stuck standing there and then
> need to shut down. I have been shutting down before boarding. I
> normally just put it to sleep when taking it to work.
> Thanks

There have been numerous threads on many possible reasons why it takes
so long to startup from sleep or not startup. I can't remember all of
the possibilities, but one is putting your book to sleep while it is
connected to a USB device, maybe even a Firewire device. You may have
an extension or appl that crashes when you sleep.

People who have this problem might start a thread for or even search
the archives for possible answers.

I have zero problems with Jaguar Dot 3 on a Tibook, although I did have
a problem before with it freezing if I had not disconnected my dialup
connection. No problem now. But then I am not running any haxies and
very few login startups, etc.

And I don't have OS 9 installed and thus Classic is not running.  If
you have Classic running you might have an extension problem.

At the very least you should update to Jaguar dot 3 and even do as I
did and erase your drive and install everything fresh.

---

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com
iCal:  coming soon