[P1] Airport Connection symbol?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sat Jan 18 09:51:42 PST 2003

On Saturday, January 18, 2003, at 07:48  AM, Joan Keenan wrote:

> I've had a similar problem on my iBook, but I also get the problem
> that at certain times 3 or 4 of the icons duplicate themselves!!! so I
> really run out of room up there fast. Guess I have to pay attention to
> when this happens. Where do you go to set what appears there? Could I
> check to see if there are duplicates?

Most of the options for the menubar icons are set in the appropriate
"Preference" panes, like the Date and Time, Battery Indicator, Sound
Volume, Monitors, and Internet Connection (AirPort or Modem). A few
(like the Script Icon) you can drag there, and move and remove by
Command-dragging (which is how you can move the others).

There's really no way to check and see if the OS has placed a
"duplicate;" it's a bug that just hasn't been properly addressed.

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net