[P1] newbie owner asks "Bug or Feature"

Charles Broderick chasbrod at inreach.com
Sat Jan 18 16:15:52 PST 2003

>my battery protrudes about the same amount but towards the front of the
>iBook.
>I've tried reinserting it several times but it hasn't helped.
>its just border line annoying.
>
>The one thing that does bother me though, is the iBook makes a
>"popping" or "static' type sound every so often.
>It seems to be coming from the left speaker, although I'm not sure.
>I can't duplicate the noise, so I haven't taken it back to the Apple
>Store, yet.
>I don't use the modem so I don't think that's it.
>
>any suggestions on that?
>
>except for the popping sound, I love this machine.

Ok then, it's official then, it is a feature. Phew--I was hating to think I
might have to send the thing back.

Can't help with the popping noise, but I will keep an ear out for the same
problem.

I think it is a tribute to Apple engineers that every time I get a new
'book, it is always the best one ever. I got my new iBook ostensibly as a
stop gap 'book before the next round of G4's. Well, I am in love with it
and almost ready to part with the Lombard I vowed I would never get rid of!

--Charles