[P1] Ibook forgets Dock layout

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 20 16:53:31 PST 2003

On Monday, January 20, 2003, at 01:18  PM, Don Hinkle wrote:

> 	I looked at one computer that had several versions of the System
> Folder.

The most copies of a system folder I ever saw where on a hard drive
back in the days when a system folder and application would fit on a
floppy. 16 applications and 16 system folders were copied to one drive.
The mac ran a lot smoother after I deleted the extra systems. I have
heard of even more being on one drive.

The last user group I went to the 'big consultant' was recommending
people not delete their old applications from X when they though they
were damaged and to just copy the new one to the drive. He also said
that it doesn't hurt to have multiple systems on an X drive. He then
gave everyone his phone number.

I haven't tested X for the validity of this suggestion nor have I read
much about it. But even IF it is ok to do so, I think telling a group
of newbies to do this is little more than fishing for business since
they won't know how to handle the inevitable conflicts, which copy of
XXXX, the good one or the bad one, just opened? etc.

---
I noticed while listening to the Capital Gang on CNN rant on pro and
con about UM's 20 points for Blacks that not one of the CG on CNN is
Black.
Jack Rodgers

Email: jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Web:  www.jackrodgers.com