[P1] ViaVoice on X???

Richard J Laue rjlaue.lists at verizon.net
Tue Jan 21 12:08:45 PST 2003

>I have a friend who has physical problems on 9.1 and wanting
>ViaVoice to work for her.  Do any of you use it on X?  I've told her
>she'd be better off on X, but since she needs ViaVoice is it viable
>for her to change?
>
>Pat

Hi, Pat -

There is an email list dedicated to speech-recognition programs for
Mac.  It's called "MacVoice."  You can get to it by going to
http://www.themacintoshguy.com, then click on "Email Lists."

The MacVoice list contains lots of discussion about ViaVoice, and
also the program called iListen.  Both programs are available for
OSX, but neither one seems to be ideal just yet.

Also, if you go to http://www.maccentral.com and click on "Reviews"
you can find a review of ViaVoice for OSX, as well as one for
iListen.  The one for iListen is worth reading because in includes a
comparison of the strengths and weaknesses of both programs relative
to each other.

I have ViaVoice, but I have not yet set it up for OSX, so I can't
give you any first-hand feedback.

Cheers -
RJLaue