[P1] OT: Keep Internet Explorer or MS products?

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Sun Jan 26 11:32:30 PST 2003

> True, MS may employ wonderful Mac folks, but Hitler had great
> designers, too (some of their graphics are great. You can't take away
> from their design capabilities, but you wouldn't want to hang the
> stuff in your house, either.)  I agree with your opinion about
> associating with companies who trade in swill as their common currency
> of behavior.  Would you shake Mao's hand knowing it was responsible
> for the murder of over 20 million people if you didn't have to?
> Freedom of choice is a priceless commodity. Well spoken, Chas.

Without inadvertantly meaning to come to the defense of Microsoft
(other than the degree to which their business practices are comparable
to the sort of human suffering inflicted by some of the other examples
you site), I think your reasoning has gone grazing off a cliff here.
(Do you hold other corporations whose products or services you purchase
to the same standards?)

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net