[P1] hot spots in the U.S.

Anders Bogdan anders at theworks.org
Wed Jan 29 05:47:17 PST 2003

There are a couple of things you can do.
Easiest is to have an ISP that allows you to authenticate to their mail
servers regardless of what network you are on. This can be set up in
Mail.app's preferences for your account. But if your ISP doesn't do
that...
Most difficult way is to run your own copy of sendmail - on your iBook
(assuming you are running OSX) and use "localhost" as your outgoing
mail server. This is what I do and I rarely have problems.  However, if
you are not familiar with the unixy stuff, this probably won't work
well for you. Once you get it working though - whee!

Here's a cook book on how to run your own sendmail
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/09/10/sendmail.html

Anders