[P1] Why are screen caps in .PDF ? How to change ?

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Wed Jan 29 11:52:37 PST 2003

>I wondered about that one long time already ... When I do screen caps, they
>turn out as .pdf files ... Which are either linked to adobe acrobat (on my
>iBook) or Preview (on my iMac)  ... Now .. I just tried Graphic Converter to
>do a batch conversion .. Ta daaa . GC does not open PDF ...
>
>Is there a way to change the output format of screen caps ? If not, an easy
>way to do a batch conversion ? I was really surprised GC would not do that

PDF really isn't an image format, so it's not within Graphic Converter's
purview.

You can do screen captures in other formats by using Snapz Pro X. Go to

http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/utilities/snapzprox/

I don't use OS X, so I can't tell you how well this works. However, I've
used their "classic" OS product, Snapz Pro, for years and have been very
pleased. Do be warned that this is a large download, about 18.5 MB,
according to their web page. It may be available on a CD--check recent
CDs from MacAddict, etc., if you get those.

Snapz Pro X is $29, $49 if you want to be able to capture movies.
Upgrading from Snapz Pro 2 is $10 less.

You can check Version Tracker (www.versiontracker.com) for other
possibilities.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR