Games

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 02:06:07 PST 2003

> From: "Arn Cota" <acota at nc.rr.com>
>
> Hi, can anyone give me an idea of how the 800mhz with 640mb ram would
> perform on games ranging from Warcraft III to Diablo II, or just gaming
> performance in general?  Thanks!

You left out the one piece of info that was really NEEDED: what video
card do you have?

Assuming you meant that you have an iBook 800MHz, then you have a 32MB
ATI Radeon Mobility 7500 AGP2x card. This is probably the second best
portable video card available for notebooks, though perhaps there are
PC notebooks out there with 64MB cards as standard (I doubt it).

Bottom line: gaming performance should be about as good as it gets on
the Mac (apart from the towers, which obviously have both better video
cards AND a spare processor to play with!).

_Chas_

Lee Gomes of the Wall Street Journal, 24-Jan-03 , commenting on Apple's
growing arsenal of hardware, OS and software that is clearly superior
to anything in the Windows world: "It's like someone forgot to send
them the Resistance is Futile memo."