Recording sound

Charles Martin chasm at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 10:35:44 PST 2003

> From: Peter Nacken <caipirina at mac.com>
>
> I was wondering if there is a simple app coming with the iBook that
> enables
> me to record sound just via the little microphone that is built into
> the
> screen frame ... I even checked the help file .. But no real answer
> there
> ... I just would like to record some memos .. Nothing fancy ...
>
> One would think that if it comes with a microphone, it should have
> something
> to record ...

In OS 9 there is SimpleSound, which is built in.

In OS X you must download a small tool such as Audio In (probably
EXACTLY what you are looking for -- very minimalist), AudioX, or vMemoX.

Any of these are available via Versiontracker.com or Macupdate.com

_Chas_
Come to  ... The CHASbah!
http://thechasbah.blogspot.com
Chas' CULTural Calendar (for Orlando):