[P1] Jaguar System Sounds

William L Carr Jkirk3279 at beanstalk.net
Thu Jan 30 11:20:25 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, at 10:20  AM, maizychicken at earthlink.net
wrote:

> I have posted the following on the Apple iBook discussion board as
> well, and a couple others seem to be having similar problems with
> sound lags.
>
> What system sounds does Jaguar have besides trash emptying???? One of
> the things I noticed immediately when I started using Jaguar was that
> I missed *something*. Then I realized it was the "Platinum Sounds" of
> OS 9. The only time I've heard system sounds was when I was using Word
> (very cool sounds btw) and *sometimes* when emptying the trash. And,
> when I did hear the trash emptying sound it was delayed.  A little bit
> annoying. I'm thinking of calling Apple as my iBook is less than 90
> days old. Other ideas appreciated.

Go to Versiontracker.com/macosx and search for Xounds.    The maker of
Xounds also makes FruitMenu and WindowShadeX, these guys rock.   And
they charge $7.00 per app.   Xounds lets you import System 9 sound
sets.    You'll like it.

Jkirk

I once thought about starting a club to discuss the philosophy of
Fatalism.
But then I realized that even if anyone came, they'd only come to steal
the folding chairs.