[P1] iBook to Projector

Jason Bennett jpbennett at mac.com
Thu Jan 30 19:12:01 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 30, 2003, Maria wrote:

> I own a tangerine iBook. Yeah, with a UBS connection. Can I get an
> adaptor
> that can connect it to any projector. I need it for my presentations.
> I had
> been using friends PC notebook for presentations. I cant afford to buy
> a new
> iBook unless my old one breaks down, right! But, ;) it seemed that my
> present one is build to last! so, please help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Maria.

Not sure if this is a "perfect fit," but check out this product:

http://www.eskapelabs.com/myvideo.html

Although it's designed primarily for video capture, it also has "analog
output video capabilities" over USB with the ability to mirror the
computer. So, to use it with your projector, you'll have to determine
what kind of input connectors it has. I haven't used a projector for a
presentation, so I'm not familiar with what is "standard" on them. You
may also want to write their support people to see if it will meet your
specific needs.

Best,

Jason