[P1] iPod questions

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Fri Jan 31 01:14:58 PST 2003

> I can't imagine that it will be any more dangerous than changing cassette
>tapes while driving like I have to do now.  As others have suggested, I'll
>probably just set up huge playlists and start them before I start driving.
>No more fumbling through my hundreds of cassette tapes.

I listen to audiobooks while driving. I can change the tape without
looking directly at the tape player. My tape player is rather high--about
level with the speedometer. The CD player add-on module is down near the
cupholders. I didn't have room for the larger all-in-one unit, so I had
to go with two pieces.

If one merely listens to a playlist, that would be fine. It's trying to
read the iPod screen while driving that raised my concern.

Wes added:

>but I would love a selector that let's me specify an exact
>frequency, like on a head unit.

The new Griffin iTrip apparently can do just that--you set an exact
frequency from the iPod.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com