[P1] Ttly OT: Fiji exercises internet censorship !!!

david davidwb at spymac.com
Wed Jul 2 18:48:44 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 06:39  PM, Jack Rodgers wrote:

> On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 02:07  PM, david wrote:
>
>> Okay Jack - met me rephrase myself since you have a flair for
>> assuming that
>> every poster knows much less than you and is probably only as
>> intelligent as
>> a flatworm.
>
> Must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed today, huh?

Know, I simply don't like having a supercilious know it all putting
words input my mouth.

>> The first thing I'd try is shutting the machine down - obviously (for
>> me but
>> not for you I guess) that would be a normal shutdown via the
>> finder/explorer.
>
> We aren't dealing just with you and me when we make a post, as many
> people have pointed out when they caught me in a poorly edited post...
>  :)

Poorly edited post? Okay guys - show of hands now. If I told you to
turn your computer off, how many of you would pull the plug?

>> Of course if this didn't work I'd move on to other steps to
>> attempt shutting down before hitting the power switch.
>
>> If the machine is unresponsive and I've made certain the problem
>> isn't an
>> unresponsive mouse and/or keyboard - then I'd hit the power switch.
>>
>> Of course, for anyone but you I wouldn't need to spell it out like
>> this.
>
> Defensiveness is obvious...  :)
>
> Compare your statements here with your initial post which invites
> someone to just force a shutdown...  Quite a difference and I guess
> worth my critique...

Bullshit Jack. I said to turn the computer off. I didn't say pull the
plug. I didn't say press the reset button. I didn't say take a
sledgehammer to it. I said turn it off.

>> On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 09:24  AM, david wrote:
>>
>>> Sheesh - the first thing any decent tech does is turn off the machine
>>> to see if rebooting fixes the problem.
>
> And, as I pointed out, that is not the signature of a decent tech and
> you backed away from your statement. Stay tuned, you'll surely catch
> me when I post a blooper.

I doubt it Jack. Your going in my kill list again. Since getting this
new computer, I haven't seen you add anything important to the list.

Good qualities are easier to destroy than bad ones, and therefore
uniformity is most easily achieved by lowering all standards.
  ~~ Bertrand Russell

David