[P1] Airport Base Station trouble

Brian Pearce bpearce at cloud9.net
Wed Jul 2 20:13:25 PDT 2003

> At this point he advised me to get in the car and take it to the
> nearest Apple service centre and get it fixed. I asked if that was
> covered by my AppleCare and he said that it wasn't; AppleCare only
> covers my iBook.

According to Apple's web site
<http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/
AppleStore?productLearnMore=M8852LL/A>:

"Comprehensive coverage
The AppleCare Protection Plan covers your Mac, as well as an AirPort
Card, an AirPort Base Station, and Apple RAM purchased for your Mac.
Power Mac and PowerBook customers can also enroll one Apple display for
coverage, provided the Mac and display are purchased together."

I checked the "Terms and Conditions" PDF file (further down the page),
and it clearly states that AirPort Cards and Base Stations are covered
if you own 'em and use 'em with the computer you've bought coverage
for. (There's nothing that specifies that the items had to be purchased
together, or anything like that.)

Call Apple back and politely correct anyone who tells you otherwise. If
necessary, ask to speak with a supervisor. (If there's one thing I've
learned from my wife, you have to be persistent in these situations.)
Good luck!

BRIAN/bpearce at cloud9.net