[P1] I got my iBook!

James Hall james at nine2000.com
Thu Jul 3 03:30:42 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 2, 2003, at 10:53 PM, Larry Kollar wrote:

>> ... clean install of OS 10.2...
> Awright! If you can get to a fat pipe, don't forget to update to
> 10.2.6 and any other updates.

Oh definitely - that was the very first thing I did.  Since I had it
shipped to my office at university, we've got a very decent internet
connection there.  I took full advantage, hehe

>> I can't believe this machine is nearly two years old. :)
> Yeah, if this is your first Mac, you'll be surprised at how long it'll
> last before you finally say, "I *really* need to get a faster
> computer."

I can tell that is going to be the case.  I had told my wife that she
could use this too, and when it comes time to upgrade the family PC in
18-24 months, we'd just buy a new Mac if she likes them enough.  She
hasn't used this yet, but I'm pretty sure that she's going to be as
blown away by the OS itself as I am, and she'll want to switch just as
bad.

James :)