Sherlock--Why?

Stephen Foster foster at pop.ca.inter.net
Thu Jul 3 04:39:15 PDT 2003

>>  From: Stephen Foster <foster at pop.ca.inter.net>
>>  The first time I tried Command-F it did what you say. Subsequent
>>  efforts brought up Sherlock and as I can't seem to get it to "index"
>>  the complete hard drive it doesn't find items I know are
>  > present--somewhere.
>   I find Sherlock very frustrating and, for me,not very intuitive
>and therefore        useless.

>Charles Martin <chasm at mac.com>
>I'm not sure what the problem is there, but it sounds like you have the
>"old" Sherlock2 around and it's conflicting with the Find function of
>Jaguar.
>
>What part of Sherlock are you finding frustrating? We can't help if you
>don't tell us what's happening. I strongly suspect that you have a copy
>of Sherlock2 that is conflicting with Sherlock3 and that is what is
>causing your problems.

Sorry, I should have said it's 10.1.5. The problem I've had is that I
haven't been able to conduct one successful search of the machine.
There's probably something simple I haven't done first or don't
understand but finding something on your own drive shouldn't require
a lot of thought. Stephen
--
-
"A man cannot step into the same river twice; for neither is it the