[P1] new ibooks... any better re warping & screen marks??

Jo ojoj at macmail.com
Sat Jul 5 07:41:36 PDT 2003

>  my screen since - but I did at first.
>
>Pick the model you want, be sure to add more memory, and go for it.

Yes, I will definitely up the memory. I have an interesting note to
add in that I recently boosted the memory on my older desktop iMac--
I installed 512 MB (from the reputable "Crucial" ... the memory
company Apple uses, I'm told). Installation went without a hitch, was
recognized, etc. But, afterwards I found some apps had slowed down
(when saving or closing them)! I boosted the memory allocated to the
apps, even reinstalled the software for those apps, ran diskwarrior,
and so on... but still a noticeable slowdown when backing up or
shutting down the *data-heavy* apps. By this, I mean it is 2 to 3
times slower than before I installed the extra memory!

Would this have happened if Apple had installed the memory on a
brand-new, pristine machine? I'm wondering if I should do my own
memory upgrade with the new ibook I plan to buy, or order it to come
pre-installed from Apple (it costs a lot more to have Apple do this
simple job, but if it means I won't have the slow-down problem, it
would be worth it!)

And, thanks for the info on printers, folks!