[P1] new ibooks... any better re warping & screen marks??

andy letterspackages at telus.net
Sat Jul 5 10:19:01 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 5, 2003, at 07:40 a, Robert Newman wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> I have the iBook 700Mhz that I bought last Christmas.  I do have the
> slight warping, but I really think that it is overplayed.  I realize
> that for the price you might expect better, but the computer has
> operated flawlessly.  As for the screen marks, I use the foam insert
> that came with the iBook.  When I shutdown each evening I insert it
> and have never had a problem with the marks.
>
> Robert

	As others have said, the warping is a non-issue. The only reason I had
brought up
this slight bend was that there is absolutely nothing else wrong with
this machine. I'm
taking interior design, (considering product design, additionally)— I'm
a little more
focused on minor, minor details than most may be. I'm overly picky, I
admit. I'm also
influenced by strict minimalist architecture and art— I prefer the
pristine. My iBook has
to conform to that aesthetic. (And it does!)
	Screen marks: I use a cloth from http://radtech.us and have never had
any problems.
It's a small investment in the maintenance of your iBook that requires
little change in
operating habits. A wipe down after use, and perhaps weekly screen
cleaning, and your
iBook will live a long life.
	Don't let us complainers make you hesitate on your purchase! We all
love our
machines, thats why we're here!

	andy