[P1] cd drive won't open

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Sat Jul 5 18:38:58 PDT 2003

Brian Olesky wrote:

>On 7/5/03 4:45 PM, "Mary C. Youra" <mcyoura at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

>>I restarted, and opened it with a paper clip, and I can eject a disk by
>>dragging it to the trash, but the Media Eject is still not functioning.
>>

>This may be overly simplistic, but I always have to hit the eject button
>several times before it finally notices and decides to work. But eventually
>(8 - 9 hits) it always seems to work. Did you keep hitting the button?

I find the trick is to hold eject down until it works. This means that
if you accidentally hit eject rather than delete while typing, you don't
have the cd popping out!

Mary, do the volume and screen brightness buttons still work? If not
then the shortcut keys may've been turned off somehow.

--Michael.