cd drive won't open

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Sun Jul 6 01:19:43 PDT 2003

> Brian Olesky wrote:
>>
>> This may be overly simplistic, but I always have to hit the eject
>> button
>> several times before it finally notices and decides to work. But
>> eventually
>> (8 - 9 hits) it always seems to work. Did you keep hitting the button?
>>

> I find the trick is to hold eject down until it works. This means that
> if you accidentally hit eject rather than delete while typing, you
> don't
> have the cd popping out!
>
> Mary, do the volume and screen brightness buttons still work? If not
> then the shortcut keys may've been turned off somehow.
>
> --Michael.

Yes, Michael -- those still work. I finally got the tray to open using
Cmd-Eject. My husband's off the hook, too, as he says he couldn't get
the Eject button to work, either. This is making me suspect something I
downloaded recently -- iTunes 4 or Safari perhaps. Stranger things have
happened.

Thanks for the ideas.