[P1] I got my iBook!

Zoki zoki.news at linuxix.2y.net
Tue Jul 8 09:33:27 PDT 2003

Le 02/07/2003 22:38, « James Hall » <james at nine2000.com> a écrit :

> Hi Everybody :)
>
> I just wanted to comment that I got my G3/600 iBook today - it came
> with a freshly wiped HD, so I started off with a partitioning and then
> a clean install of OS 10.2 - and oh my goodness - as I'd said before,
> this is my first real Mac, and I am so amazed already!
>
> I'm having a great time just learning my way around the system... not
> in a hurry to install other apps yet - I mainly wanted the iLife apps
> anyways, and they're included.
>
> WOOHOO!!

<snip>

*** Coming from Linux where we get excited about a clean compile rather than
the soft or hardware (at least not in the same degree), it's very refreshing
to see there's still an editor/hardw. manufacturer able to excite us in the
manner the new iBook charmed James.

I have been buying a lot of Mac stuff lately (typically a result of several
"being on the right place at the right time") and I've been having the same
attacks of joy as James.

You should've seen me when I attached the iPod for the first time to my
iBook and auto magically sync my iTunes Library... No "Windows detected new
hardware and is installing drivers for Unknown" or compiling to get it
connected. Click, clack, wait, Play...

I tell you: This Mac stuff is desk/lap-top IT Nirvana... :-)

--
Cheers,
Zoran.

Software isn't released, it's allowed to escape.