[P1] Does the Clock Sleep?

Dave bapbogalooga at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 9 07:05:30 PDT 2003

Hi,

iBooks "aren't designed" to not sleep when closed...but there is a
workaround, which is a kernel patch:

http://www.schempp.ch/nosleep/

There are supposed to be heat issues, which is why the thing is only
allowed to be off or asleep if closed.

Also, while the clock app is sleeping, the actual computer is still
keeping time; I'm guessing the clock app talks to the computer to get
the time regularly when awake, but doesn't when asleep because there's
nobody to look at it!

HTH,

Dave