Subject: Re: [P1] Does the Clock Sleep?

e.mkeene e.mkeene at wap.org
Thu Jul 10 00:19:27 PDT 2003

>>> It updates shortly after awaking, but what I really want to know is
>>> whether there's something I can do to make it wake on a schedule to,
>>> for instance, check email or send a fax. It appears that the only way
>>> to wake it up with the book closed is to open it. Am I missing
>>> something obvious or do I have to make it sleep with the book open?

There are 2 tests you can try:

Go into the sys prefs and select energy saver. You will see a tab
labeled "options", click it open and select the options closest to what
you want to do. Scheduling the wakeup would have to be done either with
an apple script or with a 3rd party app.

1. Set the available options you want and close the lid then test, ie
ring the modem.

2. Leave the lid open and repeat test.

3. report back on results.

There was an applescript app in OS 9 in the extras folder on the cd
called "IDo" I think it was, that would let you schedule wakeup on 9.
You might try looking for it and find the url for it to query the
author if he has any more info for you about X's scheduling
possibilities.

I do know for a fact that the new books do not have the option of
running in closed mode as the older ones did.