[P1] What is an "Appleworks" substitute for PCs?

George Slusher gslusher at rio.com
Fri Jul 11 12:28:05 PDT 2003

>I found a reference on the Appleworks page for AppleWorks 6.2.1 for
>Windows. I also checked the AW user's group page and found that same
>reference again. I suggest you email the AWUG and ask them about it and
>where to find the original software

You can find Appleworks for Windows on the Apple Store in the Education
section. It is apparently only available that way. Go to the basic apple
site and click on the Education link, then the Apple Store link. You'll
have to choose which school you're associated with. Then you'll have to
answer this:

Who is Eligible To Purchase
The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the
Apple Store for Education individuals:

* Employee of public or private K-12 institutions in the United States
* School Board members who are currently serving as elected or appointed
members
* PTA or PTO executives currently serving as elected or appointed
officers
* Qualified homeschools
* Employee of a public or private, profit or non-profit preschool

Qualifying purchases per academic school year (July 1 - June 30):

* Power Mac, iMac, eMac, PowerBook, or iBook - One per year
* Printers - One per year
* Displays - Two per year
* Software - Two per year

The school can also buy hardware and software, of course. The above
limits are for individuals for their own use.

George Slusher/Eugene, OR
gslusher at rio.com